You know that first day in the Spring when it looks like it might be warm and dry enough to FINALLY GO outside BAREFOOT! If you live in an area that experiences all four seasons, you’ll know what I’m talking about. But what can you do to stay grounded during the winter?
It got cold here earlier than ususal this year. We had a little snow in October and it is snowing again today. The mums look gorgeous with that sparkling layer of fresh snow on top. The wheel of the year turned another eighth on Samhain and the dark months are upon us.
Here are some techniques I use to stay grounded and connected to Mother Earth when the weather outside does not allow it.
- Epsom Salt or Sea Salt baths. Add a little Rosemary or Patchouli for an earthy fragrance.
- Shower with Charcoal Soap. Gender Bender from Perfectly Posh is my favorite!
- Visualize a cord leaving your Root Chakra and stretching down to the Earth’s core.
- Breathe intentionally. Inhale for a count of four, hold for a count of four and exhale for a count of eight.
- Keep Crystals against the skin. Black Tourmaline is my personal favorite. Hematite, Shungite and Smokey Quartz are also good. Lodestone is a very cool mineral and can be used for grounding as well.
Other techniques that work well for others include
- Sitting with your bare feet in a pot or pan of soil.
- Standing like a tree and imagining your roots reaching deep into the earth.
Symptoms of being ungrounded include
- Being easily distracted, lack of focus
- Over-thinking things
- Poor sleep and or fatique
Here’s to keeping it real through the Holidays and into Spring. I’ll be the first one outside with my shoes off! In the mean time, practice these grounding exercises, and if you want you can check out the Energy Balancing Pendants in my etsy shop.